Working as a Warehouse Team Leader within our Fulfilment team and reporting to the Department Head, you will provide effective management to a small team to ensure that picking and packing operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will be part of the team in day to day operations and provide first line support to staff.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead a small team by giving clear instructions, detailing performance and standards required.
- Motivate the team to ensure that all members contribute by engaging them in the daily activities and tasks in hand.
- Facilitate team working to achieve enhanced performance.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and work to a high standard along with team members leading by example.
- Carry out “on-the-job” training as and when required.
- Coach, challenge and manage individual team members to achieve agreed performance standards.
- Get involved with day to day tasks to ensure that targets are met.
- Adhere to the Department's standard operating procedures.
- Support the senior staff members to ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for Quality Management, Health & Safety, Legal Stipulations, Environmental Policies and general Duty of Care.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy across the team.
- Ensure that all equipment/plant is maintained and ensure that the working area to which you are responsible is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Encourage within the business a 'can do attitude’, promoting that all team members embrace a team ethos and desire to achieve targets.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to the company’s compliance management systems in relation to Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental Management, Anti Bribery and any future standards the company may choose to implement.
- Experience of managing small teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate, train and upskill staff.
- Organised, possesses high levels of attention to detail and demonstrates hard work.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate other staff.
- Customer focused with experience of going above and beyond to reach targets.
- Able to quickly learn processes and identify improvements carried out by the Fulfilment Department.
- Competitive salary with opportunity for enhanced overtime.
- Friendly, fast paced working environment.
- Free secure car parking.
- Staff recognition scheme.
- Opportunity to work within an organisation with an employee engagement score of 82%.
- Development opportunities.