Stephen Austin has a fantastic opportunity for a HR Manager to join us within a period of change. You will be leading the HR function for circa 130 employees and a changing amount of temporary staff. You will have the opportunity to revolutionise our HR department and all its processes. Working alongside our leaders and reporting to our Managing Director you will have an opportunity to grow with the department and team.
- Managing the current HR team to increase effectiveness of HR within the business.
- Working with the HR team to truly develop their skill sets and capabilities.
- Improving the visibility of the HR function within the business.
- Reviewing budgets, third party suppliers and associated costs.
- Building and maintaining close, trusted relationships with the leadership team and managers, and visibly influencing key decision makers within the business.
- Coaching line managers and providing trusted and commercially focused advice to manage all employee relations.
- Contributing to the creation of clear career pathways for all employees.
- Advising managers on the effective management of their teams from reward and recognition through to implementing HR policies and principles.
- Ensure all company handbooks and policies/procedures are up to date.
- Review input to payroll.
- Ensure processes are in place, understood and communicated for managing family friendly leave requests and flexible working requests.
- Review all current reports and validate they are fit for purpose. Work alongside the leaderships team to agree and develop report format, frequency and align with statutory requirements.
- Partner with relevant line managers to plan resourcing needs that meet the demands of the department and business.
- Develop a talent pipeline for departments.
- Review all induction and on-boarding processes to improve the candidate experience, increase brand awareness, simplify processes and reduce admin burden.
- Succession planning.
- Review current reward and recognition methodology and metrics.
- Experience as a HR Manager, ideally leading a team.
- Commercial mindset to HR.
- You must have an outgoing and social personality, increasing the visibility of the HR function is key.
- Experience dealing with both operational and strategic HR duties.
- Confident in both yourself and your experience.