Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this is a varied role for an experienced Warehouse Operative which sits across multiple departments at Stephen Austin based in Hertford. The role supports the optimal organisation of workflows between different departments and is pivotal in ensuring production schedules are maintained by efficient and effective working practices.
The role is Monday-Friday 8:00 – 16:30 (40 hours). Overtime including some weekend working during peak times is a requirement of the position. Overtime is paid at enhanced rates.
- Managing consignments in and out and the unloading and loading of vehicles – goods in.
- Maintaining stocks of work within the warehouse
- Picking and packing
- Shrink wrapping pallets
- Maintaining up to date mobile racking system stock records
- Bringing in deliveries and ensure all relevant company procedures are followed
- Issuing paper and other material to parts of the business
- Preparing deliveries for dispatch
- Managing daily parcel dispatches
- Assisting in maintaining a clean and efficient warehouse
- Using initiative to suggest system improvements and ensuring work flow efficiency is optimised
- Working to deadlines.
- Cover driving duties when required such as collections and deliveries to customers on time, maintenance checks on delivery van, interact with customers in a professional manner
- Comply with the company’s policies and procedures including but not limited to Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental Management, Anti-Bribery and Information Security
This is a broad overview of the role and does not encompass all aspects of the position.
- Full driving licence
- Effective communicator
- Able to work using own initiative
- Possesses a good level accuracy
- Experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
- Be physically capable of lifting
- Capable of multi tasking
- IT literate with experience of using an MIS system
- Ability to work within a faced past high pressured environment.
- Enhanced pay for overtime
- Full training provided
- Free secure parking
- Friendly team environment
- PPE provided
- Central Hertford location close to transport links
SA Printing Group (SAPG)
SAPG is a well-established provider of security printing and data services to governments and authorities in the UK and worldwide. The group comprises two companies – Stephen Austin (stephenaustin.co.uk): security printing and distribution services for examination and electoral bodies and GradeMaker (grademaker.com): SAAS assessment software and data services for examination bodies.