We are seeking a motivated individual with experience in QHSE systems to assist with running and supporting all compliance and process systems – including the current Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental, Anti-bribery, Business Continuity and Information Security systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual, with a foundation level knowledge in QHSE systems, to further their knowledge and experience, led and supported by our Systems and Compliance Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- To support the company’s ISO Management Systems across Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and Information & Data Security
- Assist with the logging of quality non-conformances, including the investigative process and related corrective actions
- To support investigation of incidents
- To promote environmental awareness associated with manufacturing processes, at all levels of the organisation and assist with projects as required
- To support Managers & Supervisors with professional guidance and support in their H&S duties
- To support the Systems and Compliance Manager in updating H&S risk assessments and with monitoring of the company risk register
- Monitoring of local health, safety & environmental activities to ensure they are carried out within date and aligned to annual objectives
- To assist with building a H&S Training matrix and monitoring that all H&S Training remains up to date, assisting with coordinating H&S courses onsite where necessary
- To assist with managing the company’s Anti-Bribery systems
- To assist with preparation for external audits and to carry out internal audits
- To help with the updating and distribution of existing company policies, procedures and process maps
- Review output from various monitoring activities, creating improvements and best practice across teams
This is a broad overview of the role and does not encompass all aspects of the position.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental role, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO Management systems
- Foundation level H&S training, eg. IOSH ‘Working Safely/Managing Safely’ course preferable
- ISO Internal/Lead Auditor qualification
- Experience of a continuous Improvement methodology advantageous
- Awareness of risk management and incident management systems
- Experience in analysis, manipulation and presentation of key data, strong excel skills
- Understanding of Manufacturing processes (Print sector knowledge advantageous)
- COVID-19 Secure
- 26 days annual leave
- EAP service and Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure car parking
- Central Hertford location with transport links neraby
Established in 1768 and based in Hertford, Stephen Austin specialises in the security printing, packaging and distribution of high-stakes examinations to awarding bodies worldwide. For further information, please visit www.stephenaustin.co.uk