We have a newly created role of Operations Manager to act as a senior member of the Production Management team. This position will play a pivotal role in developing the manufacturing and production process and work closely with the Production Director to streamline processes, reduce spoilage costs and improve KPI’s, and be the conduit for productivity and planning. Working in collaboration with other business areas to deliver complex projects on budget, accurately and on time. The ability to form strong working relationships along with managing multiple teams and individuals is a key requirement.
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the strategic development plan and the culture of continuous improvement.
- Improving management reporting, information flow, lean manufacturing and organisational planning.
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Production division through identifying and overseeing improvements to each area within the Production division
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives aimed at gaining operational excellence.
- Having input to disaster recovery and business continuity plans and be able to initiate these as and when required.
- Promoting a positive working environment and motivating team members, leading by example.
- Ensuring effective coordination and communication between the different working groups in the Production Division
- Demonstrating best practice and ensuring all staff adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety responsibilities and operating within Company ISO Management Systems
This is a broad overview of the role and does not encompass all aspects of the position.
Because of the sensitive nature of the duties, the post-holder will be expected to complete a basic criminal record check.
- Extensive experience of Production Management within the Printing Industry or related area
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Experience of digital & inkjet printing as continuous feed and sheet fed.
- Variable Data knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, evidence of being a strong communicator and have proficiency in MS Packages including Excel and Word.
- Have a proven record of success in engaging, inspiring and coaching across functional teams.
- Experience of working with ISO Standards such as 27001, 45001, 9001 and 14001.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- COVID-19 secure site
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension and Life insurance scheme
- EAP service and Mental Health First Aiders on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure car parking
- Central Hertford location with transport links nearby
- Pathways for development
SAPG Printing Group is a well-established provider of security printing and data services to governments and authorities in the UK and worldwide. The group comprises two operating companies – Stephen Austin: security printing and distribution services for examination and electoral bodies and GradeMaker: SAAS assessment software and data services for examination bodies.