Junior Software Developer
A great opportunity for an individual seeking to expand their IT experience or a junior software Developer wishing to broaden their experience and join a COVID-19 secure printing company onsite.
The primary objective of the role will be the development of effective software solutions for internal and customer use. Main duties include development of internal systems for data transformation and reporting required for large scale production as well as taking part in future application development.
The role will also encompass helping to develop and maintain new systems built with the ISO 27001 standard as well as ensuring high levels of Information Security.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and design new data transformation processes using .NET, C# using OO techniques to deliver reusable, well encapsulated code.
- Querying data structures to provide ad-hoc reporting information.
- Ensure prompt response to user's Helpdesk tickets as per SLA, accurately categorise helpdesk requests, ensuring accurate resolution times are logged against tickets.
- Actively involved in supporting DevOps team members.
- Helping with testing and documentation
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Good documentation skills
- Scientific degree incorporating IT modules
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft desktop applications
- Good understanding of relational databases – T-SQL, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Microsoft SQLServer
- .NET, C# 6.0+, LINQ,
- MVC, ADO
- OODM/ORM (Preferably Entity Framework)
- Azure DevOps
- Experience of database-related software development (ideally using SQL Server)
- Experience of Web and Desktop development (.NET, C# 6.0+, LINQ, MVC, Winforms,
- COVID-19 Secure
- 26 days annual leave
- Salary dependent on experience
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure car parking
- EAP service and Mental Health First Aiders onsite
- Central Hertford location with transport links nearby
Stephen Austin Printing Group (SAPG) is a well-established provider of security printing and data services to governments and authorities in the UK and worldwide. The group comprises two operating companies – Stephen Austin (www.stephenaustin.co.uk): security printing and distribution services for examinations and GradeMaker (www.grademaker.com): SAAS assessment software and data services for examination bodies.