Working as a Team Leader within our Fulfilment team, you will provide effective management to a small team to ensure that picking and packing operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will be part of the team in day to day operations and provide first line support to staff.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead a small team by giving clear instructions detailing performance and standards required and coaching to make sure these standards are achieved.
- Motivate the team to ensure that all members contribute by engaging them in the daily activities and tasks in hand.
- Facilitate team working to achieve enhanced performance.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and work to a high standard along with team members leading by example.
- Carry out “on-the-job” training as and when required.
- Get involved with day to day tasks to ensure that targets are met.
- Ensure that all equipment/plant is maintained and ensure that the working area to which you are responsible is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Support the senior staff members to ensure activities meet with and integrate with standard operating procedures and organisational requirements for Quality Management, Health & Safety, Legal Stipulations, Environmental Policies and general Duty of Care.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to the company’s compliance management systems in relation to Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental Management, Anti Bribery and any future standards the company may choose to implement.
- Experience of managing small teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate, train and upskill staff.
- Organised, possesses high levels of attention to detail and demonstrates hard work.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Customer focused with experience of going above and beyond to reach targets.
- Able to quickly learn processes and identify improvements carried out by the Fulfilment Department.
- COVID-19 Secure
- Salary dependant on experience
- 26 days annual leave
- EAP service and Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure car parking
- Central Hertford location with transport links nearby
Stephen Austin is a well-established confidential and commercial printing company based in Hertford and part of a privately owned printing and newspaper publishing group. The Company employs approximately 125 staff, of which 35 are office-based. The Company handles a broad range of print and related products and services, from large-scale confidential and commercial print and fulfilment contracts to general printing and mailing services. For further information, please visit www.stephenaustin.co.uk