Be part of a small, friendly Finance team, reporting to the Finance Director. This is a hands-on role in a manufacturing SME with responsibility for the day to day operations of the Accounts department and scope to make an impact following the implementation of a new MIS system.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts including monthly journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of board pack including meaningful analysis and commentary on variances and trends and development of new reports where required
- Production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Manage audit process and preparation of audit schedules
- Cash flow reporting and forecasts
- Management and development of an Accounts Assistant
- Ensure strong financial controls are in place across stock, cash, AP, AR and make improvements to processes and procedures where appropriate
- Completion and submission of VAT submissions
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA) with a background in a manufacturing or industrial organisation
- Previous line management experience would be desirable
- Experience using production systems and high level of proficiency in MS excel, preferably with experience working with ODBC queries
- Proven ability to add value via analysis and reporting
- Experience in implementing processes and improving controls
- Ability to form strong working relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues at various seniority levels
- Able to work autonomously and manage own workload
- Covid-Secure site
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure car parking
- Central Hertford location with transport links nearby
- 26 days annual leave
SAPG is a well-established provider of security printing and data services to the UK and worldwide. The group comprises two companies – Stephen Austin (stephenaustin.co.uk): security printing and distribution services for examination and electoral bodies and GradeMaker (grademaker.com): SAAS assessment software and data services for examination bodies.
Because of the sensitive nature of the duties, the post-holder will be expected to complete a basic criminal record check.