Commercial/Purchasing Assistant - Printing
We are looking for someone to join us in a newly created role, working within a small and friendly Commercial team. Working in Hertford, the role supports our onsite production and manufacturing printing operations. Ideally, candidates will already have a couple of years practical experience of working in a printing or packaging/manufacturing industry as a Commercial or Purchasing Administrator or a similar role. The successful applicant will be providing a critical administrative support role within our commercial and purchasing function across the full range of products, stock and services purchased by the business.
- Ensuring materials are available when required by the Production team by managing supplier lead times and stock levels
- Optimising ordering processes by reviewing stock holding levels, order volumes and order frequency
- Supplier management including reporting against performance
- Checking and challenging purchase order requests and supplier pricing based on historical data and market intelligence
- Sourcing supply options for unique items or services
- Supporting the process of the preparing financial proposals/estimates detailing specification, prices and terms/conditions in a timely manner.
- Support the identification and delivery of cost saving initiatives.
Finance and Production support
- Coordination with Client Services and Production to identify optimum production routing
- Monitoring and understanding the progress of projects within the business to ensure timely order placement
- Coordinate timing of deliveries between the factory and suppliers
- Provide the variation between orders placed, deliveries received and invoice to support the Finance team in approving payments
- Provide insightful information relating to Supplier activity and products.
- COVID-19 secure site
- Free secure parking
- Friendly team environment
- Central Hertford location close to transport links
- Mental Health first aiders on site and Employee Assistance Programme
- Ideally you will have some practical experience within the Print or packaging industry or manufacturing.
- Experience within a procurement department and of developing commercial relationships
- Working with an MIS system
- Commercially minded with demonstrable strong attention to detail and resilience to see work through to completion
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Ability to identify issues and provide proposals for change
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Stephen Austin is a well-established confidential and commercial printing company based in Hertford. For further information, please visit www.stephenaustin.co.uk
Because of the sensitive nature of the duties, the post-holder will be expected to complete a basic criminal record check.